Isaiah 40: 29-31

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

About Me

My photo
A season of change. That is what I might call this adventure called College. It really has been a blast, or part of it. It's also been stressful and hard, but I've been blessed by amazing friends. I'm 18 and I am currently undecided, so I am trying to see what God has for me out there.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Walk in Love


Ephesians 5

5 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Some of you know that I went on a backpacking trip this past Thursday/friday. I had a lot of fun (even though it was FREEEEEEZING-yeah, that was NOT fun). This was part of the devotional we had around the campfire Thursday night. I like the part that says be imitators of God. So true yet SO hard. And it kinda hit me pretty hard when I read through the list of 'horrible' sins...and then it says: nor coarse jesting (another version says crude joking) And then it says, instead of doing all of these things, GIVE THANKS. I take SOOO many things for granted and it's sooo easy to just get caught up in the business of life but forget to GIVE THANKS to the God who gave us literally EVERYTHING we have :)  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment