Isaiah 40: 29-31

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

About Me

My photo
A season of change. That is what I might call this adventure called College. It really has been a blast, or part of it. It's also been stressful and hard, but I've been blessed by amazing friends. I'm 18 and I am currently undecided, so I am trying to see what God has for me out there.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Making Time" for God

Why is it soooo hard sometimes to "find time" to read the Bible and talk with God? We find sooo many other things to fill our time. School and work have me pretty much booked lately but that doesn't mean I should push God to the side. I must admit, some days aren't as good as others and I don't "make time" for God. But how dumb is that? When we don't "make time" for One who made us (yeah, we kinda wouldn't be here if he hadn't made us...)we're basically saying, "yeah, um...thanks for dying for me and all that but you're not really all that important right now. School is so stressful and work is filling in all of my extra time so I really don't have time for you right now." Doesn't he promise rest to the weary? And besides, Spending time with God shouldn't just mean reading the Bible for 15 min. every morning and praying for a couple of small things....he should be your everything. We should be thinking about Him and talking to Him all day long, not just for a few minutes in the morning! Hey, watch this video because he says it so much better than I do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgMFXan9pjQ&list=FL4qfShNauK7jPxi49i1ehVg&index=4&feature=plpp_video

No comments:

Post a Comment