Saturday Morning, January 1st 2011- NEW YEARS DAY!!
It is so weird to write 2011! Happy News Years Day! :) I'm sure everyone enjoyed celebrating the New year...I would love to hear what everyone did!
I am actually pretty excited for this year. I know God can and probably will do something amazing to me and through me in this up coming year. What am I looking forward too? Well...I turn 17 in a month from tomorrow!!! (That sounds kinda old hahaha) And I don't really know what else is going to be happening, but I know that God is in total control and that He is very capable of doing amazing things-I just have to be looking for them. God, I want You to be ahead of my every step this year. I want you to make me bold for you and strong for what I know is right. Like the song, give me your eyes for the ones who are hurting, Lord. And give me your heart for those forgotten. I am so excited to see where You take me in 2011 and I pray that You keep me just as excited as I start school again and go about my daily life. I pray that You help me to keep my priorities straight and help me to love and serve others above myself. God, I know You have an amazing plan for my life. Right now I don't know what that is. But help me to make that my mission for 2011. I might not be able to figure out the whole puzzle in one year, but I can make it my goal to figure out one piece and to see how it fits! I pray that You will help me to focus on the beautiful memories and times and to endure the hard and not so fun times. Help me to keep you ahead of me in every thing (no matter how small they may seem). I have some serious growing to do in my areas, I know, but I ask that You shape me to be the Young Woman that You want me to be. I pray that You start revealing to me why I am here on this earth-and why I am where I am. I pray that You will help me to work really hard on school and all of the stuff that I don't really enjoy but I have to do and that you help me to find time to do the stuff that I love to do and also to help Mom. Help me to stop wasting time and to start making a difference in this broken world, even it its on the internet or with my closest family and friends. This is my prayer for 2011...I will probably end up adding to it day-by-day-Help me to live out my Faith!!
The above is what I wrote in my journal when I came home from church tonight. I just thought I might share this with you all. I would love for someone to comment or post something on your own blogs about what you're hoping for in 2011. I love you and I hope to become a better friend and a closer friend to whoever reads this :) Have a wonderful year!
(By the way-you better make this the best year of your life because according to Jay Sean the world is going to end in 2012! haha I'm just kidding...I don't believe that we know when the world will 'end' but I do know that I intend to make this the best possible year for me that I can! Who's with me?!)
*******
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)
Isaiah 40: 29-31
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
About Me
- Emily
- A season of change. That is what I might call this adventure called College. It really has been a blast, or part of it. It's also been stressful and hard, but I've been blessed by amazing friends. I'm 18 and I am currently undecided, so I am trying to see what God has for me out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your enthusiasm to love God & to show God's love to others is so contagious, Em! (: you're an amazing girl!
ReplyDeletePS I'm now an official follower of your blog ;D
Thank you Larissa You are so amazing too! Yay :) haha I am a follower of your blog as well!
ReplyDelete