Isaiah 40: 29-31

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

About Me

My photo
A season of change. That is what I might call this adventure called College. It really has been a blast, or part of it. It's also been stressful and hard, but I've been blessed by amazing friends. I'm 18 and I am currently undecided, so I am trying to see what God has for me out there.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You Make Me Beautiful

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory


You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

****
As a girl, I often think about my outward appearance. As hard as I try not too, I confess, I still do. There are definitely times when I want to be beautiful and make someone 'stand in awe' sort of, as weird as that sounds. But then on the second chorus of the song...it just reminds me that God makes me beautiful on the inside, which is what really matters anyway! He steps inside of my heart and I am amazed. And someday I want to hear HIM say that I am quite enough. I love this song so much and it is so realavent to my life and I'm sure to yours as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song! My favorite part about it is the change between the beginning when she says, I want to make them stand in awe. And then the end when she says, You make me stand in awe. It's such a truly beautiful change, and definitely relevant to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I Totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete